cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Power alarm on DSP channel ch=1 is ON then OFF

preston
Level 1
Level 1

<p>I have a voice gw, that started pushing this error message, but then the config of my PRI port was changed, no one changed it.  It rebooted and booted up with a different config on the port. </p>

<p>This was the changed config:</p>

<p>interface Serial0/1/0:23<br />

no ip address<br />

encapsulation hdlc<br />

isdn timer T203 30000<br />

isdn timer T306 60000<br />

isdn timer T310 30000<br />

isdn incoming-voice voice<br />

no isdn service b_channel 0 state 223<br />

no cdp enable<br />

!<br />

controller T1 0/1/0<br />

shutdown<br />

framing esf<br />

linecode b8zs<br />

cablelength long 0db<br />

pri-group timeslots 19-24</p>

<p>This was the original</p>

<p>interface Serial0/1/0:23<br />

no ip address<br />

encapsulation hdlc<br />

isdn switch-type primary-ni<br />

isdn incoming-voice voice<br />

isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager<br />

no cdp enable</p>

<p>controller T1 0/1/0<br />

framing esf<br />

linecode b8zs<br />

cablelength long 0db<br />

pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp</p>

<p>Can anybody tell me why or how that happened</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

3 Replies 3

Hi Preston,

This sounds like a hardware failure.  Given, we normally don't see unusual configuration changes like this after a hardware failure.  Do you still see the DSP power on/off messages after reboot?

This could be a problem with the DSP, T1 card, or possibly even the motherboard (chassis) since you've got a problem that appears like it's interfering with both the configuration and hardware.

hth,

nick

I have TAC involved they mentioned something called UC520 bug but have to talk to the developer.  They recomended I change my IOS which is fine, although I have lost confidence in this router.

This router has been just doing data for the network for a month, no issues, we finally switched the network over to voice, and on day one of production this error occured.  Which makes me side with you Nick, that it is something to do with hardware related to voice traffic.

The config change blows my mind though, I guess I have seen the config change on an interface when you plug a new card in and boot up, and maybe it is somehow seeing my PRI card differently. 

For the messages to stop, I powered it off, then on, at that point I noticed the interfaces were configed differently, so I reconfiged them back, the dsp message was still going on at that point and data traffic was sluggish.  I rebooted and it came back fine,  without the dsp message.

Hi Preston,

Hmm..  If it's a UC520 - have you used CCA to do any of your voice configuration?  That thing is pretty well known for doing a number on existing configuration.  I personally stay away from it, because I don't trust it and I know all of the CLI.

Otherwise it might be hardware.   Not sot say it couldn't be software, but I think this would be a more rampant issue if it was a simple software bug.  If you're on an early XW (less than 4) I would get to 20.T1a or 22T, at least XW9.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: