Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre 8.0(7.1.5) CUCM Publisher recovery from Subscriber

Hi all!

I meet typical, but sad issue. Client have CUCM 7.1.5. Publisher lost information from HDD. At that moment publisher restored, but only hardware. And they have no any backups or TAC support.

So, we need to recovery Pub from Sub. I read a lot of information and see two things:

1. After 8.0 version we have instruction "how-to"(but it don't works in lab with CUCM 11.5)

2. Pre 8.0 it was via TAC for big clients

So I try to find somebody with succesful expiriens.

As I understand steps must be:

1. Backup subscriber(any hdd backup programm)

2. Disable DB Replication on subscriber

3. Install publisher(with same security key as on subscriber)

4. Add subscriber to publisher via GUI

5. Publisher copy DB from subscriber(because DB on subscriber is disabled and have more priority number)

6. All happy

In real life - even if we disable DB replication on subscriber Publisher push his version of DR an erase all information on subscriber.

May be somebody know how to change version number on publesher to less priority or how to copy DB manually?

Oldscool TAC engineers welcome!)

Be ready
4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well one thing is for sure and that is the subscriber DB can be used to restore Publisher but that is only applicable version 8.x onward and not before that. That being said, TAC might know some back door entry on how to do this for versions prior to 8.x hence you should be contacting TAC and check with them however as per your post end customer does not have that option.

You cap copy the DB from publisher and restore it in subscriber using CLI but not the other way. To be honest, your options are really limited infact I will say there are none except from the fact that let the subscriber run as it is for now and plan to perform a complete cluster upgrade at some point in future and rebuild both your publisher and subscriber

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_1_5/cli_ref_715.html#wp42009

Regards

Deepak

Thanks a lot, Deepak

It's difficult to ask TAC. 7.1.5 are "end of support" from summer 2015 :-)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/end_of_life_notice_c51-695269.html

So, I have no a lot of sources. May be anybody have inforamtion. But I will try to contact TAC

Be ready

Hi Valeriy,

If you have a case of fixing this existing cluster as a part of upgrade plan to a 10.x  or 11.x version then TAC might just help, you may try.

Manish

Thanks a lot, Manish!

Be ready