cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre-built AXL client to run CUCM SQL Query?

michael-luo
Level 1
Level 1

To query the CUCM database, we either use the CLI ("run sql" command) or use AXL.

CLI requires OS admin credential, which is not commonly available to the many due to security concerns.

AXL toolkit, on the other hand, requires some programmer skills (Java class, xml, etc.).

I was wondering if there's any pre-built tools (AXL client), that allow you enter the following and return the SQL query result from CUCM:

1) IP address of CUCM

2) AXL credntial (username/password)

3) SQL statement

Thank you very much!

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Michael,

There is no pre-built tool out there. You need some level of programming/CUCM AXL schema knowledge to be able to use AXL.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

That's the point.

Just like FTP, instead of requiring people to understand "put, get, passive mode", etc., user-freiendly FTP client was built.

I don't see why we can't build some user friendly AXL client the same way.  I might build one myself when I have time.  Just don't want to reinvent the wheels.

Thanks for your response anyways.

I agree with you. Even though I am not a programmer, I had to dig in to understand the CUCM database schema and the AXL structure to build AXL sheets to use with Java. A colleague develped the Java interface and then I had to develp my AXL side of things. While it was fun, it was also painful...So please let us know when you put something together

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"