cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefix a leading 0 to incoming caller ID - At device pool?

CiscoRunner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks - I am having an issue at site when a call comes in to a Cisco phone from a mobile/cell phone the caller ID is missing the leading 0.

Example:

Caller ID on the Cisco phone shows as:

It should be:

Now I understand that it is possible to prefix a digit at the Service Parameter, the Gateway or at a Device Pool level.

I have tried to do this at the Device pool but it is not working. I cannot do it at the gateway as I wil need to reset the gateway which will cause downtime and I cant do this. It would be great if I could get it to work at the Device Pool level.

any ideas?

3 Replies 3

CiscoRunner
Level 1
Level 1

Also should add I am using CUCM v.8 and MGCP on gateway. Setting the prefix at Service Parameter is NOT an option as it needs to be for this remote site only and not the CUCM as a whole.

Thanks

Hi,

On the MGCP Gateway which is listed under the Devices---->Gateway,

You might have a CSS configured under the controllers which have direct access to Directory Number.

Instead  of giving access directly to the Directory Number. Send the call to the  Translation Pattern and give the complete access to the Directory  Numbers from the Translation Pattern like (extension. 1XXX Translate to  1XXX)

In the Translation Pattern Configuration you have a option of Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) and add 0.

Regards,

Senthil

Hi there

as senthil described above you can use simple way with translation pattens below is an example of how this logic works

although the doc using older version of CUCM but the logic still the same

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

hope this help

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: