cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefix calling party - CUCM 9.1, SIP gateways

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Having issues prefixing 9, 91, etc. on inbound calling parties from our gateways into CUCM.  Until recently, we had it setup under the service parameters to use 9 for 'unknown' numbers under the device - phone section.  Due to some other issues, we had to remove that, but left the 91 for national, 9011 for international, but the prefix stopped showing up.  The gateways have PRIs coming in from PSTN, and are SIP to CUCM.

I'm wondering how others have addressed this issue -- transform patterns, translations on the gateway, translations in CUCM, other ideas...?  I'm looking for the best solution with the least amount of admin overhead (aka risk of breaking other stuff in the process...) but one that can give my users the best experience.

Thanks all

SJ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With SIP there is no way to distinguish local vs. LD vs International calls as the SIP message does not include that into, so your best bet would be to prefix 91 only for example at the SIP trunk level in CUCM under incoming section.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With SIP there is no way to distinguish local vs. LD vs International calls as the SIP message does not include that into, so your best bet would be to prefix 91 only for example at the SIP trunk level in CUCM under incoming section.

Thanks Chris.  Kind of thought that might be the case...one thing i thought about trying was to modify the calling party on the VoIP dial-peers going to CM...have to brush up on my RegEx, though.  Am I wasting time with that?  Or could it be viable?

You could do something along these lines inside the ingress gateway. SIP won't preserve the call types, but you can get the correct prefixes on the ANI for callback (assuming the PRI provider is actually sending the correct call type).

voice translation-rule 999
 rule 1 /\(.\)*/ /9011\0/ type international international
 rule 2 /\(.\)*/ /91\0/ type subscriber subscriber
 rule 3 /\(.\)*/ /91\0/ type national national
voice translation-profile PrefixInbound
 translate calling 999
dial-peer voice 1 pots
  incoming called-number .
  direct-inward-dial
  translation-profile incoming PrefixInbound
  trunkgroup PSTN

Awesome.  I'll try it out.  I'm finding little differences in how things were setup between my gateways by my vendor...some of them have translations on the voice-port, some in the DPs, etc.

Thanks Nick!

No problem man, hope it helps a little bit. I've always been a fan of putting translations on the dial-peers... I'm not sure why, it just stuck with me.  

One that burned me a couple of weeks ago was when the translation was placed on a trunk group as well as several other places. I removed all of them, except the trunk group, and it kept showing up wrong when the call arrived. Note to self: check trunk group because some vendor probably applied a TP there :)

Ah!  That sucks...I agree on putting them on the DPs...one of those things that I learned initially and it just worked better.  I'll have to make a note to check my trunk groups too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: