Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 6, CUCM 6 & CUPC 1.2

gary.simpson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have been installing Presence for the first time today and have a quick question i hope you can answer.

I have managed to get most of it working. However when i use Personal Communicator, i do not see any contacts. I am guessing it has something to do with the LDAP server - or the lack of one.

My question is - do you have to use an external LDAP server to get presence working correctly? Can you not use the user database in CUCM6?

If you can, can you please tell me how to configure it, or point me to a doc that will explain it?

Many thanks,

Gary.

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To IM other Presence users, you need to add in an LDAP lookup. If you were using AD, you will need to point the Presence server to the Global Catalog Server. A normal Domain Control does not work for some reason. You will also need to change the Port for LDAP when you point it to the Global Catalog server which is 3268.

See my other post.

Good luck with the application. Its alot fun!

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cc0e862/0#selected_message