Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence Gateway

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

When i try to add the call manager subcriber in Presence Gatway it gve me the error attached

Also it is not accepting the SRV name please find the attached errors,

How i shld specify the subcriber call manager.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, you only need one. The communication is established over the SIP trunk configuration set as SIP Publish under CUCM service parameter which should be configured to point to all IMP servers ideally via an SRV.

This is all well described in the Presence deployment guide.

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SRV records are entered with the underscore, the hostname appears to be already assigned, do you have other CUCM GWs already defined? There is only one per cluster needed.

HTH,

Chris

Dear Chris,

Thanks for the reply,

There is only one per cluster needed.

From your reply what i understand is if i have publiisher and subcriber then only we need to add a publisher ip and there is no need for subscriber ip, If it is like this the  how the communication will work from presence when the publisher fails.

Thanks

Correct, you only need one. The communication is established over the SIP trunk configuration set as SIP Publish under CUCM service parameter which should be configured to point to all IMP servers ideally via an SRV.

This is all well described in the Presence deployment guide.

Chris

thanks Chris +5

Please find the attahced when i specify the srv in trunk on CUCM then presence troublshooter is failing to verify the sip publish model.

BUT

When i specify IP address the tick marks are all green, please find the attached.

I think your srv reference is incorrect, no need to use "_", can you resolve it with nslookup?

Chris

yes i can resolve it with nslookup , it shows me a proper ip address,

But i have not specified any DNS ip on CUCM,

is it ok ??

Or i have to specify the DNS on CUCM

If CUCM is not pointing to DNS then SRVs cannot be used as they will never be resolved, DNS client needs to run on CUCM and point to the DNS server that can resolve the SRV. Alternatively, you can configure the SIP trunk to point to up to 16 destinations rather than using SRV.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris

I was having a doubt and it came true

i cannot add the DNS servers IP on CUCM as it will effect the License MAC then i have to ask again to cisco for the Licencse,

So  the better option is to specify publsher and subscrber ip address of presence server,as you mentioned in previous reply.

Please confirm.

Correct.

Chris