Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Preventing loops for unassigned numbers with CentraNet / PBX intergration

I have customer who is in the middle of a CentraNet to CallManager 4.1 conversion. Since the majority of the phones in the campus are still on CentraNet, there is a Route Pattern in CallManager to send 4-digit numbers out a pair of special tie lines in to the CentraNet system. This is then included in all Calling Search Spaces.

The problem we've started to experience is that in some cases, the telco will port the number prior to it being configured in CCM. Therefore, the 4-digit number comes in but is sent a special ISDN PRI connected straight to the CentraNet switch. The CentraNet system then sends it back to CCM via a different PRI, resulting in an infinite loop. Eventually, all the PRI lines fill up and the caller gets busy, at which point the call is dropped.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to prevent this type of behavior, given the current routing. The Gateways are H.323 terminating ISDN PRIs. Ideas?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Preventing loops for unassigned numbers with CentraNet / PBX

I ended up building a separate CSS and applying that to inbound calls from the Voice Gateways. This CSS did not include the CentraNet [1-8]XXX route pattern, but instead had a [1-8]XXX translation pattern that redirected to the operator.

The only catch was I had to make sure each line had a CSS set for call forward all/busy/no answer. Otherwise, transfers to CentraNet phones would fail if this was set on a line.

Views
Helpful
Replies