cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Preventing Ring tone

hassepedro50
Level 1
Level 1

When users dialled from Norway our vessels and the sat link is down the phone still rings. On the PSTN gateway i n Norway. What do i have to configure on the dial-peer that sends the call to the vessel call manager in order to avoid this perception that no one is answer, when in fact the network is down. Anyone can help ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

From what I can understand, looks like u want to route the call to a different CM. To achieve this, you will have to point the voip dial-peer to the CallManager. The command for that under the voip dial-peer would be "session target ipv4:".

HTHs

Thanks.

But my English was not clear. The call goes to the right CM. Its when the Satellite connection to it is down, that users dialing from on-shore still listen the ringing tone, give them the perception the the phone is ringing on the vessels.

What do i have to do in the on-shore pstn router dial-peer configuration the routes the call to the CM to stop the ringing tone when there is no connection to the CM.

I hope its clear now

What i need is give the caller some engaged tone or either tone than the ringing one.

Thanks

Pedro

Sorry for the confusion.

Looks like the dial-peer still routes the call when there is no link with the Remote CM ?? Can i know the n/w diagram of this setup ?? Trying to understand how the on-shore CM is connected to the off-shore CM ?? And are they a part of the same cluster ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: