Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI calls failing - invalid number format

Paul Cobley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Failing to geta a PRI working in Doha. Outbound calls failing with invalid number format. inbound calls also failing. Sure this is down to the ISDN plan / type. Inbound calls also fail - the setup message on q931 has plan type : ISDN Type:National on the inbound call setup - if this offers any clue ?

Here's a debug q931 from a failing outbound call :-

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN 

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, '1810'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '66447600'

000520: Jun  8 17:20:48.119: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8089

Cause i = 0x829C00000000 - Invalid number format (incomplete number)

Progress Ind i = 0x8183 - Origination address is non-ISDN 

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, '1810'

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '66447633'

000520: Jun  8 17:20:48.119: ISDN Se0/3/0:15 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8089

Cause i = 0x829C00000000 - Invalid number format (incomplete number)

Any ideas to get these calls working ? I may be barking up the wrong tree with the ISDN plan & type but I do need to get this sorted in the next 24 hours.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Call your telco and ask them what values they expect to see, then configure them accordingly.

Most likely they also need you to send a valid calling number (X number of digits depending on what kind of call you're sending)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the response Java.

Have you ever tried asking a telco for info like this ? In my experience the 3rd line guys might know the answers but you don't get to speak to those people easily.

So, I am going to configure this as unknown / unknown and see if that helps. The inbound is a different issue - sorted - as the telco is sending us 3 digits when we were expecting 6.

This is the information that Telco must provide. Telco must tell what things they expect. Otherwise, it's all about permutation and combinations.. It can be hard to guess and find the correct combination of parameters. It can be tried though!!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Just an update on this .....

So i made a call from the CLI using csim start and it connected. I noticed that in the outbound Q931 message there was no 'calling number' sent to the telco. I then made a test call from a handset which *did* send the calling number in the Q931 setup message and it failed.

I then translated the calling number (outbound) to remove it completely and calls are setting up correctly now. So the issue appears to be the telco rejected the message if the sending number was in the wrong format (incorrect number of digits maybe?). I have yet to confirm what format they need it in so for the time being and to get this to work I have removed the callign number from the Q931 setup message and we have outbound calls.

The issue does not appear to have been the ISDN plan type settings.

Thanks to everyone who assisted.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: