cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pri-group vs. ds0-group

slongewa
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm very confused as to when Pri-group vs. ds0-group should be used. My understanding is that pri-group should be use when the telco is delivering a PRI with SS7 equipment to your location, and that ds0-group should be used when a CAS line or channelized T1 has been delivered. Recently I've run into situations during testing where a given router would tell me that I did not have enough resources to create a pri-group, but would let me create a ds0-group without incident. Hopefully someone can provide a better explanation than what I have received previously as I am very interested in understaing this concept better.

Thanks,

Steve

6 Replies 6

computer012
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I too have the doubt. Waiting for Experts comments

thanks

Tam

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

You assumption is a correct. If you have a PRI with a D-Channel, you set up a PRI group. CAS and channelized are DS0 groups. You need at least a PVDM-32 installed in the router to bring a PRI up. You don't need that for DS0 groups.

Great information! Thanks.

Is there something that I need to do to "assign" the DSP channels to the PRI? I have a PVDM2-64 in the router, but I am still getting the "Not enough resources" error message.

Thanks,

Steve

On th egateway do you have the card type configured correctly?

As well as do you have the timeslots on the controller defined?

Sorry you also need the network clock assigned.

I have card type wic 0 0 t1, but I bet I'm missing the network clock assignment!

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: