cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI Monitoring with Call Manager 5.1?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

We have a few local PRI's for our office and we have decreased our end user head count. Is there any way to get an accurate idea of how often traffic is actually even hitting each of our PRI's? Please let me know if you do.

Thank you!

Rgds,

Vicky

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In RTMT setup counter logging for the PRIs using the "Active Calls" counter and set it to report every 10 seconds or so, at the end of the day you can use the csv file to simply graph your PRI utilization over that period.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you for your post this sounds great. Can you help me with how to set this up in the RTMT application? I have the app open to device search. Do I just identify the gateways here or do I need to set up some sort of polling in Call Manager? If you could provide a few steps for how to set this up it would be great.

Please let me know.

Thank you again!

Open RTMT --> Performance --> select server --> select either H323 or MGCP GW --> CallsActive coutner --> Select the GW

Now that you are monitoring it, right click on it and select Start Counter Logging, on the bottom of this popup notice the location of where the file will be stored locally on your PC.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

What if there are several PRIs terminating on the same router. Do you know if it's possible to produce per PRI statistics?

Thanks,

David

Do I need to leave RTMT open all day. Or is there a way to have it record this in the background?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: