Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI NI trunk between ROLM and Cisco Problem

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

All,

I have turned up a PRI NI trunk between a ROLM 9006 and a Cisco Gateway. All calling between works fine, however I have found 2 issues that appears to be linked. A call comes in the PSTN to the ROLM, ROLM forwards it to a gateway and to the right cisco phone. Phones rings fine. Now if the phones is forward to the PSTN say a cell phone (this out another set of ISDN trunks in the gateway straight to the PSTN) the call will work about 2/5 times. The other 3 times, I keep hearing ringing on my cell phones and the gateway gives me this.. As you can see in the begus i get a disconnect from my 2/1:23 which is the trunk between rolm and cisco.. The other problem is that answering via handset works, but the answer softkey causes the same problems. 12.4(15)T5

interface Serial2/1:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

!

1 Reply 1

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

forgot debug.. Also please note that if we do all this from the ROLM phone and not from the PSTN coming in the ROLM phones everything works like gold.. only if its in the PSTN of the ROLM...

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: