cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI's not registering with Call Manager, but they are working

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I just replaced my core router in our datacenter.  It was a 3825.  I replaced it with a 3945.

In the process I also renamed the hostname on the router to make it more appropriate.  I then removed the old gateway in CallManager, and added it back with the right device type and hostname.  I have two serial ports for PRI's.  These both come up, and are obviously connecting to CallManager.  I can get inbound and outbound calls.  They are Layer3 bound to Call Manager.

Even though they are clearly working (taking and recieving calls), they do not show registered in call manager.  It may be as simple as just rebooting the router, but I dont really want to do that.  As I said, its our core router, so even a reboot is a big deal.         

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Try a restart of the RIS Data collector service on the callmanager server to which the pri's are registered. It can be done during production hours. If it does not work then please share the ios version of the gateway and exact cucm version. This is a pretty common issue with MGCP endpoints registered with cucm.

Manish

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello John

I hope you are so fine .

If you use MGCP proctocol between your CUCM , GW. Please on your GW , type show ccm-manager . Please find the below example

#show ccm-manager

MGCP Domain Name:R3.cisco.com

A-so you have to take R3.cisco.com and put on your gateway congiuration of your CUCM (device-gateway).Summary the name must match between your gateway and your CUCM.

B-on your gateway do

#no mgcp

#mgcp

this will reset your MGCP configuration.You do nt need to restart your Core router.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

I have checked the FQDN of the router, and it is correct.  Another person recommended I restart the RIS data collector service.  I just did that, and it still is not registered.

Again, it is working.

Hi John,

I had suggested to restart the RIS Datacollector service, somehow my post is not showing up here. As i also mentuioned this issue has been reported for years and there were also a couple of bugs filed for IOS as well as very old versions of callmanager. A proper RCA would require "debug mgcp packets" , show version and detailed ccm traces. A quick fix would be a restart of the callmanager service of the subscriber to which the pri is registered.

Manish

Nishant Savalia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John,

You can try with the below things:-

1). Remove the isdn bind-l3 and apply it again.

2). Restart the MGCP gateway.

If still it doesn't show registered, then follow below stops:-

1). Stop RIS data collector service in publisher.

2). Then Stop RIS data collector service in subscriber.

3). After that start RIS service first in publisher and then susbscriber.

4). Restart MGCP gateway.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia   

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Thanks all.  The router is a brand new 3945.  IOS Version 15.0(1r)M16.  I have done most of what Nishant recommended last night.  However, the restarting of the router will have to wait till this weekend.