cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI to FSX Calls

RASHID M.P
Level 1
Level 1

In our office we already have 10 Channel PRI Line(40456654), Its working fine. But now the problem is before we are using Panasonic PABX we used 1 (44712343) Pailot number for our Business card for our website and all. Now the Problem is i need to get all the calls from the Old Number Means (44712343 to 40456654) to recive the calls without connect any analog telephone. This call should be come to the reception telephone Ext 655. And the user need to call from the old Number 44712343.

What we can do in this situation. i Saw some interfaces like FSX & FSO Cards are available.i dont know how to configure that.

Please advice on thins.

10 Replies 10

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

What equipment are you using to terminate the PRI? Do you have CUCM or CME?

Yes i have CME with cisco 2900 Router.

the CME is working fine.

FXS and FXO are analog devices. If the number currently terminates on the PRI then you can use a voice translation. Here is a link with some good information

http://samplefive.com/2011/09/voice-translation-rules-101/

The 40456655 is terminated to PRI. I need to get calls from 44712343 (Analog Line) to 40456655 (PRI Ext)

so here voice translation work or not ? i don't want to connect any analog phones.

What device terminates the analog line?

We are not terminate any device on the analog line.

what am thinking is if we are using FXS/FXO card installed on the same Router which we terminated the PRI, and i will connect the analog line to Router on FXO/FXS card. so if anybody call to 44712343 it will forward to 655 Extension.

Is it possible or not ?

FXO card is used to terminate POTS lines. From there you could use PLAR to ring to the receptionist.

Can you please tell me how to configure the FXO Card and this PLAR ?

Here's a link on how to configure PLAR.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/h323/14368-plar-config.html

Thanks for your support

am going to implement by Sunday. after i will update you.

Once again thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: