Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Password Phrase for Cisco Call Manager

When upgrading from 3.3(2) is it required to have the Private Password Phrase entered during the upgrade process.

Does this need to be entered once on the Publisher and then the same password entered when upgrading the Subscriber or will the upgrade fail during the initial attempt in upgrading the Publisher?

If it is lost, is there a way to recover or reset this across the cluster?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can reset the private password phrase with the Admin Utility. Take a look at the following link. This link describes synchronizing the passwords. You can follow the same steps, but choose "Set new password" from the Options menu.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a00807dcf40.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can reset the private password phrase with the Admin Utility. Take a look at the following link. This link describes synchronizing the passwords. You can follow the same steps, but choose "Set new password" from the Options menu.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a00807dcf40.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I have v 1.0.7 and there is no synchronization option.

A reset needs to be done on all services on both servers?

Sorry, looks like I pasted the wrong link previously. The correct link is below. Yes, perform the reset on both servers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080557ba5.shtml

Brandon

So the password I set will be the new Private Password Phrase or in other words the password for the service accounts?

I also noticed that I am missing IPMASysUser account when running CCMPWDChanger? Any idea why that would not be in there?

The private password phrase is not the password for the service accounts, but is used to generate an encrypted password for these accounts.

Brandon

With CM 3.3(2) the service account pwds are the same as the password phrase. From 4.x onwards it was used to generate an encrypted value which is not available to the users.

Also, when running AdminUtility you should always select all servers as the pwds have to be in sync. Do note that this tool can only be run on the Publisher and no other Server in the n/w

Hi,

I want to install CDR plugin on CCM 3.3(3), but I got error message said that "wrong private phrase". when I skip entering private phrase to continue installing CDR but it failed. I got error message like: "Setup was not able to give db_owner permission for CAR database to the user CCMServiceRW"

I did use AdminUtility to set default pass for all accounts, it did not help.

Do you have any suggestion for this case ?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: