Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem Adding New Phone Types

Hello All,

First off a little info, I got thrown into this project after having done one CCME/CCUE install, so I am a little behind the learning curve.

I have UCM 6.0.1 installed and I am trying to add phone loads/firmware for the 7945 phone. I downloaded the loads/firmware from the site, went to the OS Admin and installed them. It gave me a Install Successful screen and everything. So I go to UCM and try to add the new phone... no 7945 listed. So I figure services have to be restarted, I do so. Still no new phone...

So am I missing a step to load a new Phone Type or am I just being dumb?

Thanks for the help.

-epoteet55

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Problem Adding New Phone Types

Hi Evan,

No worries .. this gets confusing :) When you don't find the IP Phone model listed in the Device defaults you can either install the required Device Pack (which adds the Firmware as well) of upgrade to a supported later CCM Version. Here is the device Pack for the 7945 and CCM 6.0

6.0(1) cmterm-devicepack6.0.1.1102-1

From these release notes;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975g/firmware/8_3_2/english/release/notes/75832.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that info! I was experiencing the same issue and right now I'm able to register my 7945 =D

I had to download and install this device pack for CM 6.0.1:

cmterm-devicepack6.0.1.2116-1.cop

I read in the ReadMe file, that this one supports the 7945/65/75 firmwares.

5 for your post friend!

Best Regards,

-- adrián.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Adrian,

You are most welcome :) Glad to be of some small help!

Take care,

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies