Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem bearer capability not authorized on forwarding to/from PSTN

acydgod
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We're having problems when users forward calls to the PSTN and the originating caller is also from outside our network (PSTN). 

For example:

caller 1 (PSTN cell phone) calls into internalcaller (Joe)

Joe's phone set cfwdall to his home number

anyone calling from within the company to joe's phone gets forwarded just fine to his home.  caller1, however, calls joe's phone and gets sent seemingly to the provider and back again to us with error in the CDR record 'bearer capability not authorized'. 

My hunch is that the original calling party number is somehow being presented to our carrier who is rejecting the call because it does not belong to us. 

I'm looking through CallManager and there are so many places for caller id presentation.  Here's what I have

route pattern (which matches forwarded number)

• Use Calling Party's External  Phone Number Mask=false
route list (which would be matched)

route group (which would be matched)

MGCP PRI (which would be matched)
  • Called party IE number type unknown=CallManager
  • Calling party IE number type unknown=CallManager
  • Caller ID DN="' (blank)
  • Called Party Transformation CSS=<None>
  • Use Device Pool Called Party Transformation CSS=true
  • Calling Party Transformation CSS=<None>
  • Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS=true
Phone/Line being forwarded
  • External Phone Mask=actual DN assigned to the phone

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
4 Replies 4

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

This is a common trouble with newer PRI service that is delivered via IAD that presents PRI to CPE but is SIP on the telco side connected to some soft-switch.  Do you know if you have a traditional PRI (i.e. plugged directly into a RJ-48C jack) or a SIP based circuit where you are plugged into an IAD/router of some sort?

First, I would try to get the provider to fix the problem.  If they cannot, then someone here should be able to help you work around it by forcing a valid caller ID on forwarded calls for example.

Worst case, the provider should be able to "hard code" a single number for caller ID of all calls from your system.  You would lose ability for individual users to have their own caller ID this way though.

Brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

We have a pseudo-PRI but it is SIP on the telco side ( I believe it's plugged into this IAD you mention).

Yes, I've called into Covad who claims 'we don't support transfers or forwards' although I believe I managed to escalate.

Eureka,

I though I had tried everything but putting the mask on the Route List/Group to be the same as our office corrected the problem. 

Thanks!

I suppose the only remaining question is really, how can I apply one mask to PSTN callers who route calls in which forward separately from internal callers making outbound calls. 

Now I understand those calls that are forwarded need to be masked to be from my main office but that limits regular users making outbound calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: