Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem call from Asterisk 1.4 to ISDN

Hello,

I have a cisco router 2901 configured as VoIP gateway, to route calls from an Asterisk PBX to a Primary trunk E1.

I have been working with an Asterisk 11 without problems. But now I'm testing the same scenario with an Asterisk 1.4 and I'm getting problems calling to cellular phones.

The dial-peers I have defined are:

dial-peer voice 2 voip
description outbound calls from Asterisk (inbound leg)
session protocol sipv2
incoming called-number .
voice-class codec 1 
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 4 pots
description outbound calls from Asterisk (outbound leg)
destination-pattern .
no digit-strip
port 0/0/0:15
!

I attach the trace (SIP and q.931 deb) Comparing with other traces, I can see some things suspicious:

1) The 100 SIP trying message is sent to Asterisk before than the SETUP message has been sent to the ISDN network

2) This message appears after ALERTING:

Progress Ind i = 0x8282 - Destination address is non-ISDN

3) After the ALERTING, a CONNECT message arrives from ISDN network (but the user didn't answer the call, in fact no alerting arrives to the cellular phone and no lost call neither)

Jan 14 12:40:20.735: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- CONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x80EB
    Progress Ind i = 0x8282 - Destination address is non-ISDN 
    Date/Time i = 0x0E010E0D2816
        Date (dd-mm-yr)   = 14-01-14
        Time (hr:mnt:sec) = 13:40:22
    Connected Number i = 0x00C3

4)The time in the previous message is wrong (Asterisk and Cisco has the clock 12:40 one hour before)

5)After the CONNECT message, a DISCONNECT message arrives from ISDN

Jan 14 12:40:24.527: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8  callref = 0x80EB
    Cause i = 0x829F00000000 - Normal, unspecified
    Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available
Jan 14 12:40:24.527: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial0/0/0:9  disconnected from XXXXX , call lasted 3 seconds

Any idea?

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

David,

From the look of this, it looks like the ISDN is playing a message before audio is connected..

Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

Usually, you need PRACK to cut through audio on the sip leg...Can you post the full debugs both sip and ISDN?

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

the full debug is in the attachments

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content