cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in CUCM upgrade

ATIF TANVEER
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM version  7.1.3.33026 on MCS server we want to migrate to 8.5 on UCS

But we don't have the  7.1.3.33026 CD so we can't install it again and restore also we can't upgrade the MCS to 8.5 directly as we have UCCX 7.0.1 which is not compatible with CUCM 8.5

So please advise

4 Replies 4

Gregory Garrian
Level 1
Level 1

You may be able to upgrade the existing MCS server to 8.5 for in an upgrade only version.  This won't function but will let you backup the server (version 8.5) to restore on the new UCS.

You'll have to upgrade UCCX along with CUCM in either scenario.

I just dont want to upgrade UCCX till iam done with the CUCM on the UCS as i will replace the MCS

so if there any solution that will not affect the UCCX please let me khnow

another question , is it possible to upgrade the publisher only to version 8.5 and take the backup then revert to version 7.1.3 through version switch option ?

Message was edited by: ATIF TANVEER

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I see couple of options:

1. See if you can get the 7.1 DVD from your cisco account team or TAC

2. Upgrade to 8.0 or 8.5 if supported on current hardware along with upgrading CCX to 8.X.

HTH,

Chris

ATIF TANVEER
Level 1
Level 1

another question , is it possible to upgrade the publisher only to version 8.5 and take the backup then revert to version 7.1.3 through version switch option ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: