Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in SRST

mohammed.amer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a problem in SRST configuration,i have CCM 4.2 and an H323 GW 2801 and i run SRST , the phones in the remote site register normally with the CCM and when the connection with the call manager is lost , the phones register normally with the SRST GW , but when the connection to the CCM is retained the IP Phones don't re register with the CCM , any advice

6 Replies 6

mohammed.amer
Level 1
Level 1

any one can help ?

kking2008
Level 1
Level 1

how long have you given them to re-register with the CCM? This usually takes longer than most people would like. There is a setting in the SRST Reference properties called "Connection Monitor duration" this is the cycle time in seconds that a phone will be instructed to look for the CCM again once in SRST operation. You can try setting this down to at 120, that's what I usually do. I don't remember what the default (blank) setting is. Also, try manually resetting a phone that has not failed back over to CCM. If it still does not re-register to the CCM you have some other issue.

Hi,

Can u try configuring keepalive 10 under call-manager-fallback in SRST router? It means that after link is restored/CCM available, IP phones will re-register to CCM after 10 seconds.

regds,

aman

hii

I tried 30 sec. as akeep alive but the same issues

I didnt receive any response from the phone to comeback to CCM

i already configured the duration to 120 sec. ,and i wait 30 min. and nothing hapen. And when i reset the phone manually it register normally with ccm

Well if it was me, I'd stick wireshark on the back of the phone, fail to SRST and then back. You should see the phone try to communicate with CM on a periodic basis. If that doesn't happen it would suggest maybe there is a phone firmware problem. if it does try, then its a case of trying to establish what is failing. Do you use DNS for the callmanagers or IP addresses?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: