cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem on UC540 - can call internal extensions but have no audio - public phone numbers work fine

baskervi
Level 1
Level 1

I don't normally get in to IP telephony, but I have an interesting problem going on. About 2 years ago I acquired a customer with an IP-based phone system. Per usual, I'll grab configs of all network equipment upon getting access to the devices, which I did in this case. A few days ago, I was notified that the phones stopped working at a remote site (inbound, outbound, internal, and external), and after checking out the problem, I noticed that some of the configuration for the VPN tunnel was never in place. The IP in option 150 of the DHCP service was not assigned to the VPN tunnel, so after adding this to the tunnel, the phones got their configuration, and I see a lot of traffic to this IP for SCCP traffic. The users now can receive and make external calls. Unfortunately, there is no audio for internal calls (just dialing extensions) - the phones ring, though. Per the configuration from a couple years ago, this IP had never been configured for the tunnel. I'm wondering what else may be missing.

There are 3 locations total, and the other two function correctly. However, voice is traversing a VPN tunnel between two ASA's for the partly broken location, while the other location that is working is connected to the host site via MPLS. From what I've read, this is likely a codec problem, and I believe this is under "voice class codec 1", but this codec is working between two sites already.

In the attached configuration, the site not working has extensions 211 and 212. The other remote site that is working has extensions 202, 203, 205, 208, and 214. The host site is 201, 204, 206, 207, 209, and 213.

Thanks for your input.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nhan Ho
Level 1
Level 1

Try adding the following commands unders the phones that have extensions 211, 212:

ephone 19

mtp

ephone 21

mtp

It should fix the issue.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nhan Ho
Level 1
Level 1

Try adding the following commands unders the phones that have extensions 211, 212:

ephone 19

mtp

ephone 21

mtp

It should fix the issue.

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks for your help. That did the job.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: