Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem to transfer external calls

Hi voice team,

I have a problem with CUCM 5.1, sometimes when I receive an external call, I can not transfer to another extension, I press the Transfer button and nothing happens, but it has moments that I can make the transfer. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Thiago Gandara

Everyone's tags (3)
20 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If your GW is H323 you might need to check the MTP required and make sure there is an MTP available with enough resources.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

The MTP checkbox is set.

Thanks.

As stated above usually when supplementary services aren't working its usually to some sort of media resorces.

1.  Ensure you have created media (MTP's in this case and have them assigned to a MRG.

2.  Ensure your phones have a MRGL assigned which can acess the MRG. 

If that doesnt work, turn on tracing and recreate the call and we can look at the trace, but more than likley we wont need that level of excitement tonght.

Good luck

Please Rate

I check the CUCM the MTP and MRGL is configured correctly, the phones have a MRGL assigned.

Thanks.

Please elaborate more about your infrastructure.

1. What is the protocol used to connect PSTN GW to CUCM.

2. Where is the transfer to party (internal to CUCM or external)

Also, follow the suggestions raised by the team above.

Hi Mohammed, the protocol is H.323, the problem occur with a external call, transfer internal calls works fine.

thanks.

VIP Super Bronze

What version of IOS are you on. When you get intermittent issues like this, as I have experienced in the past an IOS upgrade helps.

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

The IOS version is:  System image file is "flash:c2800nm-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-24.T4.bin"

Thanks.

Re: Problem to transfer external calls

Hi,

Thx for the details. Now you said that when you press transfer softkey, nothing happens. Does it mean that you are not promoted to enter the transfer to number or you are able to dial transfer to number but the transfer can't be completed after this.

Does the phone who initiates the transfer to (transferor) resides in the LAN of CUCM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi, sometimes when i press the transfer softkey nothing happens, but sometimes its work, the phone resides in the LAN of CUCM.

Thanks.

What is the codec used between gateway and phone during active call. Are you using software or hardware MTP. In case hardware, what is the codec assigned and what is the max number of sessions.

How i do to verify this information about the codec?

The codec used between gateway and phone is G.729.

Thanks.

How i do to verify this information about the MTP?

Re: Problem to transfer external calls

IF you are using G729 are the calls coming in from the PSTN?  If so you will need to use a Hardware to transcode the call.  you can go look at your DSPFARM to se eif you have a transcoder configured with G729.  It should look simular to this

sccp local Loopback0

sccp ccm x.x.x.x identifier 2 version 7.0

sccp ccm x.x.x.x identifier 1 version 7.0

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 2

bind interface Loopback0

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate ccm 2 priority 2

associate profile 4 register xxxx-MTP729

associate profile 3 register xxxx-MTP711

associate profile 2 register xxxx-CFB

associate profile 1 register xxxx-XCODE

!

dspfarm profile 1 transcode

codec g711alaw

codec g711ulaw

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 6

associate application SCCP

Follow the config:

sccp local FastEthernet0/0

sccp ccm 172.16.8.240 identifier 1 version 3.0

sccp

!

sccp ccm group 1

bind interface FastEthernet0/0

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 101 register transcode

associate profile 100 register mtp00233335da20

associate profile 99 register conference

!

dspfarm profile 101 transcode

description TRANSCODER

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 4

!

dspfarm profile 99 conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

codec g729br8

maximum sessions 6

!

dspfarm profile 100 mtp

codec g711ulaw

maximum sessions software 20

Thanks

VIP Super Bronze

Guys, this is an intermittent issue. I doubt if it is configuration related. I have seen this a few times with supplementary services and an IOS upgrade did the job. Thiago try and upgrade IOS to a much newer one.

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Guys, the problem would not be in CUCM?

Thanks.

If its not happening for every call you are correct that it can be a IOS upgrade that fixes it or that those transcoders are already being used when they try.  They can do 4 transcode sessions on that gateway.  If you are in a large deployment they can be eating up very fast.

Yes, its not happening for every external calls, but the problem would not be in CUCM 5.1?

Thanks.

I believe it has nothing to do with IOS upgrade. Its related to config. But he can try this as well.

If the call between phone and GW is g729 then hardware MTP isn't invoked since its using g711 as per the config. In this case XCODER is used which is having max sessions as 6 (assuming that its in the same MRGL).

The tie break will be looking at CUCM traces to see what error is generated which transfer is triggered. I am suspecting "failed to allocate MTP resource".

Views
Helpful
Replies