Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem VoiP Conversation

maxime.chevet01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I deploy a VoiP system based on Call Manager Express to link branch to central site.

I have a problem with a conversation :

When I call the branch, I receive and understand correctly the speaker but he doesn't. After debbugging, I see that I lost on the CME the RTP packets.

And He can't call me !!

Have you some idea ??

Thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using VPN / ADSL ? If so, remember that there is no QoS on the Internet. Your only remedy is upgrade the connection.

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, for one-way audio please check these points:

•Verify bidirectional IP connectivity (usually ping)

•Verify configuration parameters on H.323 gateways. Configure h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr ip address on the interface you are using for signaling.

Be sure the voice rtp send-recv command is configured on the gateway.

•Check for NAT or firewall restrictions. Be sure that a firewall (if exist) is not blocking RTP traffic.

For

And He can't call me !!

Verify your dial-peer voice voip configuration that is pointing to the correct device gateway/callmanager.

All the best

David

maxime.chevet01
Level 1
Level 1

In a first time, to answer at p.bevilacqua I not using VPN or ADSL, I work on the ISDN network between the branch but I don't think it's this.

In second time, to david-lima:

. Ping works fine.

. I put the different command and I will give you the news !!!

thanks

Hi, ISDN with one B-channel doest have enough BW for G.711. Either use G.729, or two B channels.

Either way, ISDN is far from ideal for VoIP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: