cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with 1 extension number

rstevenson1
Level 1
Level 1

One of our customers has a helpdesk which roughly 12-15 phones belong to.

All of them are setup with the same CSS and Parition apart from 1 phone.

For some reason, this particular phone can't be dialled from an external source, or have calls transfered to it when it resides in the same partition as all of the other phones.

But if we put it into another partition, then it can be.

I don't understand what could be causing this, as obviously routing through to that particular partition is A-Ok, as the other phones in it can receive calls and transfers no problem.

20 Replies 20

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure the DN for the phone doesn't overlap with another DN in the partition that doesn't work right.

Do a route plan report on that DN.

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

Remember that the CSS for the phones/lines is applied in two places respectively!.

Firstly, you can place the phone into a CSS - select device -> phone. Secondly, when you click on the DN (i.e. the line or extension number), on the left hand pane - this can also be placed into a CSS. The DN CSS overrides the phones CSS if they are different.

Now, there is a potential that a TP (Translation Pattern) for this DN might exist. Check your translation patterns. TP's are assigned to partition which might explain why it works when you assign the phone to another partition.

It's just important to clarify this.

Ajaz

Will double check on the translation patterns, but with regards to the CSS, there is only one applied on the phone config, nothing on the DN configuration.

Also, this is the only number in existance, route plan report just shows this number.

check the other phones - are they configured in exactly the same way?

Ajaz

Exactly the same, same DP, CSS, Partition.

The number range in use is 83xxx.

There is a translation pattern in place for anything in the 8xxxx range, this is to match the 8xxxx numbers dialling internally to mask their numbers.

If this translation pattern would be affecting it, then surely it would affect the other phones. This TP is in a partition of the CSS setup on the phones, so this only comes into affect when the phones dial out.

Can you provide us the DN information and the translation information?

The DN is 83411 and the translation is 8xxxx.

The partition that the translation sits in , is also in the CSS that the phones are configured with (along with other Partitions).

This TP simply changes the calling party mask to 83333.

Hi Ross,

Have you tried removing 83411 from the phone and then removing it completely from the database via the Route Plan Report (unused DN's) Then start over from scratch. It seems to me that something is referenced somewhere with this DN that may be causing you problems.

Hope this helps!

Rob

That's probably a good idea.

I would also remove the TP and see what happens.

One other thing to try is changing the search order in your CSS.

Rob,

Yes I did, I deleted the phone itself and had found a second entry in the route plan for the previous "version" of the DN on the other partition and also deleted this.

I actually rebuilt it from scratch on my ip communicator so I could test the calls myself (inbound & outbound). But to no avail, still have the same problem.

Find this very strange, as several phones bar this one, can operate perfectly fine on that CSS/Parition.

Do you get error tone when you try to dial it?

When you created the DN in a different partition did you have that partition before or after the other partitions in the CSS?

Do you get error tone when you try to dial it?

When you created the DN in a different partition did you have that partition before or after the other partitions in the CSS?

Hi Ross,

Is this still set up on IPC or is it now on an IP Phone? Did you strip everything out after the set up on IPC? Is this set up in the same Device Pool as the working phones?

Just throwing out some thoughts here :)

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: