cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with 1 extension number

rstevenson1
Level 1
Level 1

One of our customers has a helpdesk which roughly 12-15 phones belong to.

All of them are setup with the same CSS and Parition apart from 1 phone.

For some reason, this particular phone can't be dialled from an external source, or have calls transfered to it when it resides in the same partition as all of the other phones.

But if we put it into another partition, then it can be.

I don't understand what could be causing this, as obviously routing through to that particular partition is A-Ok, as the other phones in it can receive calls and transfers no problem.

20 Replies 20

This is now back on the users IP phone and yes, I totally got rid of any trace of the number apart from the configured DN.

For Mr Gibson..

Yes, get an error tone when trying to dial the number with the partition that doesn't work, externally but internally seemed ok (apart from transfers)

This other parition (the one it works in) is already in existance, so its created in several CSS' already, but theoritcally the only CSS that would matter would be the one assigned to the gateway dealing with the inbound external calls (when testing the phone by dialling it externally). So regardless of whether the partition is before or after, if the phone isn't in a matching partition it wont route and we know there are matching partitions in this CSS as the other phones can have external calls routed to them perfectly fine.

This can't be any partition/CSS related issue, as there are over 10 phones working with this setup.

Do you get error tone when you try to dial it?

When you created the DN in a different partition did you have that partition before or after the other partitions in the CSS?

If the phone is in matching CSS and Partition as the others in the helpdesk group, and can be dialed internally but not externally, can't we explore the possibility of a dial-peer routing issue at the gateway? (Although the inability to transfer calls kinda has me confused)

I'd try a "show dialplan number XXXX" on the number in question (from the gateway CLI) along with a working number to see if the calls are coming into your CM the same way.

The problem is that when the phone is placed into a separate partition - it all works.

So I don't think we can say this has nothing to do with Partition/CSS. But I think we can say it has nothing to do with GW?

what do you say?

Ajaz

I can safely say it has nothing to do with the gateway, although when you do call the number in question when its assigned the partition of the other phones, the q931 debug shows destination out of order.

The reason I say its not a partition/css issue, is due to the fact that roughly 10 other phones are working with this setup, so this proves the routing for that partition is fine(why would 1 phone act different)

It feels as if the issue is more along the lines of duplicate number/confusion with that particular DN.

I can get this working if I place the partition (btw_corp) as the first partition in the CSS that is assigned to the gateway.

But we can't leave it like this, as we need another partition as the first for other things we have configured on CM, i.e route points and hunt groups.

The fact that routing goes through to the other 10+ phones in the partition and not this specific one baffles me.