cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Bulk Administration Tool

orang.vesal
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to add a new phone using the phone template I get the following error:

Error

The following error occurred while trying to retrieve the information for the requested Phone Template Configuration.

'arrDeviceDetails.51' is null or not an object (Error Number: 5007)

What can the problem be?

Thank you in advance!

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Orang,

It looks like a problem with the Device portion of the Phone Template. Have a close look at what you have configured;

Creating a Phone Template

The phone template and Comma Separate Values (CSV) files work together in bulk transactions. Based on the type of phone you want to add in batch, you can create a template that has the common features for all the phones in a batch, such as the Model, Device Pool, and so on. These templates are stored and are reusable for other phone batches. For example, you can configure a template for the Cisco 7960 Model with only two lines configured and another with four lines configured.

The CSV file has the details of all the phones that are individualistic in nature to a phone, such as its Name, Description, and so on. See "Creating the CSV File for Phones" section for more details on the CSV file.

To create a phone template, you must first enter the required phone settings and then add the appropriate number of lines to the phone.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_configuration_guide09186a00800b7587.html#wp1020180

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply. We have about 90 Phone templates that used to work without any problems. We have a second (backup server) with the same templates (only 50 of them) which works fine.

I can't understand how 90 templates can stop working.

I have just found out that BAT has been upgraded to 4.6.92 on our production server while on the backup server we are runing BAT ver. 4.5.69

Is this a compatibility issue? How do I solve this, if I don't want to creat 90 templates all over again?

Hi Orang,

Yes, I'm sure that this is a type of compatability issue. BAT is very fussy about upgrading/migrating vs uninstall/install. Only the proper migration path methodology will also migrate the BAT Templates. I am guessing that that version on the Production server was done using the uninstall/install method. The only thing that I can think of is to try to re-install 4.5.69 on the Production server and then upgrade if you need to. You may want to open a Tac case on this one, as you say 90 Templates would be a real pain to lose. Here is some pertinant info;

If you uninstall BAT and then install the newer version of BAT, none of your previous templates can migrate to the newer version. You must upgrade BAT to migrate templates to the new BAT release.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f25.html#wp1022913

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob.

I'm going to roll the test server back to the old version and upgrade it again to see if this solves the problem.

When I tried to upgrade BAT from 5.0(0) to 5.2(1b) is says that it couldn't migrate the templates!

when I read the installation manual it says that BAT migrates all templates from verision 5.0(0) to 5.2(1b)

What could be the problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: