Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with disconnect cause

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I am trying configuring Gateway and CallManager with H323 protocol, when I do the call by PSTN it's ok, but, when I try the call by CCM 6.1 the receive the reply "disconnect cause = 38". I verify in Cisco Site, but, It inform only problem network-out-of-order and don't explain what is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Wilson

4 Replies 4

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wilson,

Can you please provide the following debugs from the h.323 gateway for the failed call

debug isdn q931

debug isdn q921

debug voip ccapi inout

Thanks,

Hi Parshah,

I don't apply debug isdn because my Customer is using H.323 not MGCP. I used debug voip ccapi inout to identify the caude couse, wright. I was clear?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

I'm not sure what you mean by 'try the call by CCM 6'. Cause code 38 is network or of order like you stated.

The most common causes for this are:

-Addressing the next hop by DNS, but either there is no DNS server available or DNS server does not have entry for name lookup

-ACL that prevents a TCP socket from opening. In this case, it would be TCP socket 1720. Try to telnet to port 1720 of the IP address you're trying to contact to see if the port is open. This is the most common problem. If you can't use 'telnet 1720' that means the device isn't listening or isn't reachable for H323 traffic.

-Firewalls that block port 1720 (see above)

-Your system doesn't have a default route nor a route to the destination. Check your default gateway.

These are usually pretty easy once you figure out which part of the network is failing.

-nick

Hi Nick,

CCM 6 is Cisco Unified Communication Manger 6 (CallManager version 6), Ok. The configuration CallManager it's Ok, because I did tests in my laboratory and I didn't have problem. The gateway is with the same configuration too. In this moment I have try configuring in my customer. Firewal, maybe can the problem, but, my Customer told me that didn't there are firewall

Thanks,

Wilson