cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with FXS "Call not end-to-end ISDN"

mohamedessoufy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a port FXS, the incomming call is disconnected with : Cause i = 0x87FE - Unknown cause value

Progress Ind i = 0x8281 - Call not end-to-end ISDN, may have in-band info.

the config is :

voice-port 0/1/0

cptone FR

dial-peer voice 999010 pots

service mgcpapp

destination-pattern 603215000

port 0/1/0

Can you help please

12 Replies 12

Hi Mohamed,

please try this

"isdn not-end-to-end ?"

thanks

thanks in advance for your assistance hytham,

i don't find the command ner in the global nor port level ?

thanks

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is not the real cause.

Report the complete trace.

i aggre with, because i can't join these analog phones from internals ip phones too.

the fxs ports are well mgcp registred in the callmanager.

when i hang-off a analog phone behind a fxs port i have a like busy tune but with less frequency, and not a normal tume that invite to enter number to call.

Switch to sccp controlled config, more features and less bugs.

I install the gateway there a customer multisites, and they must controll the E1 port of gateway by MGCP, I think tjhat itisn't possible to control E1 by MGCP and FXS by SCCP ?

E1 is best controlled by H.323 or SIP, FXS is best controlled by SCCP.

well i see, but the customer hopes that the E1 access be controlled my mgcp, i want to ask you if can controll FXSs port witch in the same gateway of the E1 port by SCCP or not ? i think all the gateway ports are controlled by the same protocol !!

Yes, any port can be controlled by a different protocol.

H.323 and SIP remain the best protocols and a professional should decide, not the end user.

I agree with you "a professional should decide"

In this case where the customer decide that the E1 be controlled by E1, can i configure the same gateway a second time but in sccp mode and in this last configuration use sccp for FXSs port, or use the actuel configuration with MGCP ?

Yes, as said above.

I configure the FXSs port in skinny and i still have the same problem, i see that when i connect an analog phone that's works fine but when i connect a fax that's ring one time and the call is cut