Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with installation CUCM 7.0 on 7815-I1 - Critical Error

miskiewiczh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m try to install CUCM 7.0 (7.0.1.11000-2) on MCS 7815-I1-CC2/IPC3 (2 GB RAM, 80GB HDD SATA). After first part of installation, server reboot and shows:

Cirital Error

The installation has encountered a unrecoverable internal error. For futher assistance report the following information to your support provider.

Command
"/usr/local/bin/base_scripts/pmNormalizeGeneric/tmp/ipmWorkFile" has exceeded timed threshold of 90 seconds

The System will now halt.

CONTINUE”

I,m try to upgrade manually BIOS with FWUCD-2.1.1-I, FWUCD-2.4.1-I, FWUCD-2.2.1-I. but no result...

1 Reply 1

Jason Wiatr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It looks like you could be hitting:

CSCsg78450 - Install fails when pmNormalizeGeneric exceeds 90 second threshold

Symptom:
Install fails with an error about /usr/local/bin/base_scripts/pmNormalizeGeneric has exceeded timed threshold

Conditions:
This  happens when there is a media error on the DVD that prevents reading  the DVD.  We have also seen it happen during an network outage when  installing over then network.

Workaround:
Please  try a different DVD or CD drive.  Or, if installing over the network  please review all firewall, MTU, NAT or other applicable settings.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsg78450

Hope this helps

Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: