Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with ISDN Incoming Call

Naisamuddin pk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Frinds,

I configured Cisco 3825 router as MGCP gateway in Call Manager 7.1.The router having one E1 PRI card and the ISDN line terminating on it.When i configure first time,i am able to make incoming and outgoing call.But after restarting the router ,incoming call is not happening.This is  happening repeatedly when ever we restating the router. I am attching the running configuration of router.Please help me to solve the problem.

ISDN Q931 debug result:

*Nov 22 08:53:37.979: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0086
        Sending Complete
        Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A3
                Standard = CCITT
                Transfer Capability = Speech
                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
        Channel ID i = 0xA1839E
                Preferred, Channel 30
        Calling Party Number i = 0x0183, '9650233997'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown
        Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '39813401'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
*Nov 22 08:53:38.011: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8086
        Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

have you checked to make sure the gateway has the correct Inbound Calling Search Space configured? Since this is an MGCP controlled ISDN circuit, the gateway will not perform digit analysis or call route determination.

-Felipe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Manoj Srinivas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Could you tell me if the "called number" that is shown in the debug (39813401) is right.

You usually get this error when the configuration error. You will also get this error when the CSS Partition is not cofigured correctly.

But since you say you were able to make calls when you configured, I guess the configuration is right.

It may a network issue where in the gateway is taking time to get registered to the call manager. And by the time the gateway get registered to the call manager, you receive an inbound call, you will receive this error.

Also try changind the "called party IE number type" to unknown.

Hope it Helps!

Dear Manoj,

I am not sure about the called number because i configured translation pattern with XXX and it is working for incoming call at that time.But when i am debugging, the called number displaying as 39813401.I don't know  how the call is routing.My gateway is working proprly because i am able to make outgoing call.I changed "called party IE number type to Unknown but there is no effect.

Thanks ...

have you checked to make sure the gateway has the correct Inbound Calling Search Space configured? Since this is an MGCP controlled ISDN circuit, the gateway will not perform digit analysis or call route determination.

-Felipe