Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with sip trunk to Right fax server

ben Zecharia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

When I send fax it the cucm/router doesn't respond .

The router is working MGCP protocol .

When I use wire shark I get error 404 not found ,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SIP Trunk Inbound Calls.jpg

The inbound call from Fax Server to CUCM will get the highlighted CSS. And this CSS should have access to the pstn partitions pointed to MGCP GW. so that the calls will be routed to GW and to PSTN from there. Could you please crosscheck this inbound css?

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Hi,

404 Not Found indicates there is no route to destination. Please check the called number and ensure it is translated properly if needed and make sure the inbound CSS and partitions are correctly configured

Hi Ben,

In addition to what Mr. Suresh has said, have u configured the route pattern in call manager which is pointing to SIP Trunk.SIP Trunk needs to be created between CUCM and FAX server.

regds,

aman

What we do is we point the incomming fax straight from our voice gateways with a SIP VOIP dialpeer straight to the right fax server, much easier to troubleshoot and to control.

for example:

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

h323

sip

!

fax send transmitting-subscriber $s$

dial-peer voice 116 voip

description # SIP link to New Right Fax Server #####

destination-pattern 1403

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

session transport udp

codec g711ulaw

gateway

media-inactivity-criteria all

timer receive-rtcp 5

timer receive-rtp 1200

Best Regards

ben Zecharia
Level 1
Level 1

There is a sip trunk configured .

I recive faxes but cant send .

I don't understand the  the sip trunk use route pattern  to send fax to the pstn ?

can we see your MGCP config on the router please and debug isdn q931

Best Regards

I guess this is your call flow: Right Fax Server----SIP Trunk----CUCM---MGCP GW---PSTN.

where did you get the wireshark captures? what is the connection to PSTN from GW? is that E1/T1 PRI?

when you make outbound fax call, do you see the call hitting the GW? if not, then the issue lies between Fax Server & CUCM.

Perhaps it could be issue with inbound CSS configured in the SIP trunk.

You are right about the call flow .

The pstn connection is PRI

I  don't see the call hitting the GW(debug isdn q931) .

Can you be more specific about the inbound CSS ?

Hi Ben,

As per my undersatnding , u have configured SIP trunk between Call Manager and Right FAX. Router is configured with MGCP which has got PSTN line terminated on it.

Call flow for incoming fax would be E1/T1 line from TeLCO---- MGCP Router--- Call Manager---- SIP Trunk---FAX server and reverse would be for outgoing.Please confirm if I am correct.

If it is like this, in addition to what VAn has asked, please check Dailing Rule under Dial Plan in Right FAX and under the Destination TAB, check for Send Via FAX server[should show hostname of configured FAX server]

regds,

aman

You are correct about the call flow .

I will check about the right fax

SIP Trunk Inbound Calls.jpg

The inbound call from Fax Server to CUCM will get the highlighted CSS. And this CSS should have access to the pstn partitions pointed to MGCP GW. so that the calls will be routed to GW and to PSTN from there. Could you please crosscheck this inbound css?

MOHIT SINGH
Level 1
Level 1

The "Inbound CSS" of SIP trunk (Right Fax) should contain "Partition"  of the route pattern which is used to send call out to PSTN using MGCP  gateway. If CSS does not have access to route pattern partiton then CUCM  will respond with "404 not found"

Is it possible  for you to share packet capture for an outbound fax call from Right Fax?  You can use wireshark to collect the capture. From gateway collect  below debugs for same call

debug mgcp packet

debug voip ccapi inout

debug isdn q931

Also share IP address detail

CUCM:

Right Fax:

Gateway

Regards,

Mohit Singh

ben Zecharia
Level 1
Level 1

One thing I don't understand is I configured the lines going to the right fax .

When the server  send fax  it get throgh the same trunk ?

becasue as you said the CSS there are configured to none

Yes, the cucm will use the same trunk to receive the calls from the destination configured in the trunk. So it should have Inbound CSS to reach the directory numbers/Route Patterns. The CSS should have the partition of those numbers.

It was the CSS that I didn't configured thank you all !!!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: