Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with SPA922

jdowning640
Level 1
Level 1

Here's an example:

Caller A calls. I want to transfer to Extension 6.

I press 'xfer' (softkey), type in the extension number (6) and hit dial. When it is ringing, it gives Ciscos own ringing tone instead of my hosted IP ringtone. I don't know if you get what I mean.

Say if I want to transfer that call over to extension 6 while it is ringing, caller A will hear silence because my phone isn't picking up that it needs to get the servers ringing tone instead of using the in-built one.

For example, whenever I call externally I get the ringing tone I would usually hear on a PSTN line although whenever I dial internally I get a pre-fixed one (I think which is set by the phone).

Can anyone guide me on how to turn this off? / what needs to be turned off?

I would appreciate this very much.

Regards,

Jack

10 Replies 10

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

The ringing file is an audio file that is on the server.  But if you delete it or put a blank one in there, it will affect all calls that would use that, not just the transfers.

Why is it important that the callers not hear a ring while being transferred?  You could always do it as a supervised transfer which would keep them on hold until you complete the transfer after the caller answers, but that's the only way I know of to do this.

It's whenever I blind transfer people to an internal extension that the line seems dead to the originating caller.

So, is the problem that you WANT external callers to hear ringback but they are getting silence?

Yes - this is correct.

When the call (that you didn't hear ringing on) is answered, can the two parties then talk, or is it a dead connection?

Hi, thanks for your swift reply.

The call can go on like normal - the silence is no longer there.

Thanks, Jack

Ok.

Let's take a look at the gateway the call is coming in on.

1. Do you have an MRGL assigned to the gateway? If so, please post a screen shot of the MRG configurations that are assigned to the MRGL. I don't need to see the MRGL....the MRG's in the MRGL is what we're looking for here.

2. Is the gateway in the same site as the CallManager server?

3. Is the gateway an MGCP or H323 configured gateway?

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

Hi Clifford,

Unfortunately I have no clue what you're talking about - we're just a small business using a hosted VoIP provider online (Gradwell.com)

We have 5 x SPA922 IP Phones connected to that SIP server. The thing is - it seems to be only the SPA922 phones that are having this issue. It is replacing the 'PSTN like' ringing tone with one which (I presume) is onboard the phone.

Whenever I use another brand of phones (Atcom) it uses the SIP servers ringing tone instead of one which could be stored locally on the phone.

I am not connected to CallManager.

Thanks for your help,

Jack

(And by the way - I don't know much about the words you used there in your last message. I just like to keep it simple

This is really getting annoying as callers think they are getting cut off. Any help anyone, I'd really appreciate it.

Jack

Anyone know anything?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: