Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems loading a custom Image to a 9971 phone

bhawkins63
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have brought up a couple of 9971 phones and unable to get the company logo to disply.  We have loaded the company logo on the 7945’s but unable to do so on the 9971’s.  Used 640x480 as per the doc but the image will not display on the phone.  We can see the thumbnail in the preferences but when we try to select it we get an error incompatible image size.  Any ideas?

Thank you,

Ben

bhawkins@isccorp.net

ISC Inc.

10 Replies 10

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the reference material if you didn't already have it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_6/english/admin_guide/9971cus.html#wp1038500

Just make sure you are conforming to the standards.

As an added help, you can post your wallpaper, thumbnail, and xml for list.xml for other folks to look at to validate your settings.

Yes we have followed that doc for the file specifications but still failure. Almost seems like the size is not correct as per the doc. Any other info you can provide us on this?

Thank again,

Ben

If you say you are doing everything according to the documentation, then your next best option is TAC.

Have you tried multiple 9971's?  Have you tried creating a brand new wallpaper from scratch?  Have you tried a different image editor?

Again, you can upload your stuff here, then I'm sure someone could test it on their lab CUCM.

Thanks we’ll post what we have so maybe you can try it to see if you have the same problem. We have tried it on a couple of phones and it doesn’t work.

Thanks again,

Ben

Hello Anthony attached are the png files and list file we have tried on the 9971’s. Not sure if you can try this in your lab to see if it works but let me know us know and I’ll talk to you soon.

Thanks again,

Ben

Hello Anthony I sent the files over that we are using on the 9971 phones yesterday afternoon. Will someone be able to verify the format today and let us know if we need to adjust something?

Thanks again for your assistance,

Ben

Ben,

Please consider that this is a user supported forum and you are asking somebody to spend their free time testing something for you.

If this is urgent please raise a TAC case.

Sorry,

Craig

Sorry I was just posting this as per the info provided by Anthony Holloway yesterday. Maybe I miss understood what he was suggesting. This is not an urgent issue but trying to get it figured out.

Thanks

Hello,

Here is the reference material for 9971 :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/7_1_3/english/admin/guide/9971cus.html#wp1038520

Just make sure to use a proper Image Editor (not like MO picture manager) where you can resize the PNG image to the proper display on the Cisco Unified IP Phone:

• Full size image—640 pixels (width) X 480 pixels (height).

• Thumbnail image—123 pixels (width) X 111 pixels (height).

Thx

Nabil

Thanks I was able to find Cisco Phone Designer online at Cisco .com in the downloads area which I was able to use to push the image to the phones. Worked out pretty well.

Thank you for the info you provided as well.

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: