Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems setting up a wireless 7920 phone in my lab

Hello All,

I am trying to setup a 7920 wireless VoIP phone in my lab.  My router is 2811CME, switch 3560PoE, wireless WRT300N or WRT160N.  I have the 7920 connected to my laptop, which is attached to the switch.  Dual-vlans are setup for both data and voice.  My laptop (XP) sees the 7920 once it is attached.  I also see the 7920 on my network which shows enabled enet, wireless shutdown on my laptop.

My issue:  When I try to program the phone, the software states it can not see the phone, err100.  I am using a 2.0 USB cable.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am trying to update my curriculum for my seniors.  The conference phones work great.  Sidecars are working.  Haven't gotten to the voice mail card yet.  I have swapped out cables, laptops, switches and always see the same err100.  Again, any help would be nice as my seniors start after Labor Day.

I will show the new hands-on skills once I get past this and what I ask my students to do.  The old hands-on skills are on Forum/Cafe.

7920 firmware 4.0-03-00, software for trying to program, CU_7920, 3-0-2.  Broadcom Advanced Control Suite v.6.1.3 sees the phone.

USB is Enabled on the phone.

On trying to login to the phone using CU_7920, 3-0-2 software, it gets to 95% before stating err100.

Overlooked and sorry about this.  Problem is fixed.  Do not allow your computer to be attached to your network (lab).  I had read what Cisco stated and overlooked not using a TFTP server.  My router is a TFTP server and it states not to be connected.  I read this probably 6x, and finally figured out what I was doing wrong.  Pull the plug from the switch and it works great!

Easy to setup if you "listen" to what you read!

Sincerely,

Randy           

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content