Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems Upgrading 7912 sccp firmware from 6.0 to 8.0

solomonthuo
Level 1
Level 1

hi

Am having problems with upgrading 7912G-A phones firmware. I have configured everything as follows:

copied the firmware to tftppath

created a gkdefault.cfg file using the cfgfmt tool.

The phones don't pick the new firmware. I have to either delete the phone and add it again or change the device pool to something different then back for the upgrade to happen.I have also made the following observations:

I doubt whther the phone is checking the profile file since even changing the logo or the password in the profile file doesn't work at all.

The phone shows "tftp timeout" in the status messages before upgrade but after i upgrade using the crude methods above that message dissapears.

I opened a cnf.xml file located in the tftppath for a phone but now i can't find any cnf.xml file for any phone. they have disappeared? Is this normal behaviour?

Lastly what would make callmanager to looose some configurations after reboot? I have a ccm group with 2 ccms but after reboot the 2nd ccm dissappear completely and i have to add it again in the group. Is this normal.

Find my gkdefault file attached.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

are you increasing the in the text file for gkdefault.cfg ? chances are, in the past an higher ID was used and now phones are unable to go above that.

Hi

I have tried to play around with the image_id but to no success. Also consider the ff:

The phones that i had upgraded manually by removing the phone from the CCM and letting it register have picked the logo configurations from the gkdefault file. However the phones with the 6.01 firmware cannot even pick the new logo. I think the 6.01 have some serious bugs that makes it not to access the tftp server properly. They just show tftp timeout message . Any confirmations for this

I highly appreciate your help

Hi solomonthuo,

Did you fix the problem?

I have the same issue and try several workarounds without success.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: