Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with CallManager and LDAP

Hi

I'm using CallManager 7.0 with LDAP

The LDAP configuration is correct and the CCM get 693 users. But using LDAP server browser with same user, pass and LDAP User Search, I can see 2000+ users. The customers don't known why and the AD administrator too. How can I proof to customers that the LDAP configuration is correct? Someone suspected of something?

Name: LDAPBase

Required Field: username

Required Field: XXXX

Required Field: DC=xxxx,DC=yyyy

Regards

Peterson

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Firstly, CCM will only look in and under the top level 'seach base' you define.

It will then only sync objects of type 'user' - it will also not sync any users that are disabled.

In order to get into the CCM DB, the mandatory attributes are userid, and lastname - so the fields these map to in AD (for example, sAMAccountName and sn) must be populated.

Finally, the field chosen for the userID must be unique for each record. If you use sAMAccountName, then it will be.

If you use another field - such as telephoneNumber - there is no guarantee that each user is unique, so not all users will sync in if multiple users have the same number (for example a switchboard number).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: