Views
Helpful
Replies

Procedure for migrating CMBE to CUCM.

lukedp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am currently trying to investigate and collaborate the required procedures to upgrade a call manager business edition CMBE 8.x server to a fully integrated Call Manager (CUCM) solution 8.x or 9.0, in particular relating to licence transfers to CallManager, Unity Express, and Presence when separate servers are installed.

I have trawled through various Cisco documentation to find procedures on how to tranisition, however these only turn up results for transition between different software version of code not between CMBE and CUCM.

Basically, i am what i am trying to acestrain is it possible to migrate CMBE, Unity Express to CUCM build and move exisiting licenses over.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Luke. Don't know if you're still monitoring this, but I got an answer back, so as promised I'll update here. Hopefully this might help someone else too who happens upon this.

To upgrade from BE to UCM/UC you have to do an upgrade using the standard upgrade methods. So your options are

CUCM-USR-LIC - use the 9+3 promotion

plus

UNITY-CN-VUP-K9 -- use the 9+3 promotion

OR

upgrade to CUWL Std

First option works out a bit cheaper for me, so that's the way I've gone. Thanks to all the relevant people who helped me out and I hope this is useful for someone else.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

I asked this same question yesterday. Still no correct response though! I asked our SE too, but nothing from him either yet. There used to be a CUCM-BE-MIG license to do it, but its been EoL with no real replacement leaving us a bit high and dry!

Guys,

Best avenue for such queries is Cisco's Partner Helpline team. Please open a presales case with them ( complimentary service for Cisco partners ) from www.cisco.com/go/ph

Regards

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post

Yep, got that call logged. I originally logged with PDI who tell me they've forwarded it on. Not had any updates though or an acknowledgement from PH.

Also, it might be worth a clarification here and/or update to the docs, so people can google it.

David,

I informed the concerned person in PH team & you will be contacted soon.

GP.

Excellent! Thanks for that, might be worth them getting in touch with Luke here to to help him out.

Well, for that PH would need a case from Luke. Alternatively, you may share the information gained from the PH case here for Luke.

Cheers !!

GP.

lukedp
Level 1
Level 1

Thankyou Gajanan and Dave,

i will look into this, i have raised this with the upgrades team, i was hoping someone out there in ciscoland had already encounted a similar situation.

Hi Luke. Don't know if you're still monitoring this, but I got an answer back, so as promised I'll update here. Hopefully this might help someone else too who happens upon this.

To upgrade from BE to UCM/UC you have to do an upgrade using the standard upgrade methods. So your options are

CUCM-USR-LIC - use the 9+3 promotion

plus

UNITY-CN-VUP-K9 -- use the 9+3 promotion

OR

upgrade to CUWL Std

First option works out a bit cheaper for me, so that's the way I've gone. Thanks to all the relevant people who helped me out and I hope this is useful for someone else.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for posting back with your results (+5 )

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Thankyou Dave,

Most helpful