Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Propagating VLAN traffic over WAN

Hi,

Is it possible to extend the VLAN across the WAN?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this should be done by ur service provider and also depend on the wan technology u use

for example with metro ethernet its possible

if helpful rate

Is it possible over a T1 link? I have a situation where the e-mail cluster can't connect to any device unless it is from a vlan defined on the same core as the server farn vlan. My problem is what to do now with the remote users. the funy part of this is that even though the exchange can't connect, you can ping the cluster.

as long as u can ping the problem not L3 reachability in otherwords not vlan problem!

Thanks very much for the information. I thought as much but I wanted some info from the well experince before I can conclude. We had similar problem on our LAN (we were also running routed LAN with eigrp). we couldn't connect untill I moved the VLAN to the core and configure the switches as normal access switches. Like this, it works very perfect. so the problem then came about what to do with remote users. from the look of things, the cluster can only connect to devices register on the same ARP table.

Do you suggest this to be a cluster problem? before we had this cluster setup, we had only one mail server and everything worked perfect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: