Views
Helpful
Replies

Provisioning Bandwidth for ICCS tfc when clustering over the WAN

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

SRND states that we must have a minimum of 1.544Mpbs allocated between sites when clustering over the WAN. This is then broken down to 900kbps for ICCS tfc and the remainder for Database etc. Does this mean that I should provision 900kbps + more CS3 and AF31 b/w on each side on the WAN?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Hi,

If you are referring to UCM 6.1 then its like this -

ICCS Traffic - 1.544Mbps

Database $ other inter-server trafic for every subscriber server remote to the publisher - 1.544Mbps.

Prior to UCM 6.1 -

ICCS - 900Kbps

Database and other intra-cluster communication for every remote server - 644Kbps.

-> Sushil

Thanks Sushil, is it enough just to ensure that I have 1.544Mbps available across the WAN or do I need to apply a QoS policy to ensure that the Priority tfc (CS3) is honoured?

Thanks in advance.

Please note that the bandwidth requrement that we are talking about dosen't account the voice calls.

In addition to this bandwidth you need to provision bandwidth for voice calls + data and then definitely implement QoS.

-> Sushil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: