Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN numbers

Hi thanks for your previous responses it was helpful ,so i wanna know if it's possible with CME to group together some PSTN lines, let me explain; as example i have 4 PSTN's numbers or line each of them are connected to my FXO card and i want to setup my router with a dial by extension just one number like 9 and when i press the 9 button it will look after the available line so if the line 216712222 was busy it will check for the other line 216713333 on the other FXO port .

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hi,

I think we mentioned that already, use trunkgroups:

voice-port X/Y

trunk-group pstn

dial-peer voice ZZZ pots

destination-pattern 9T

trunkgroup pstn

You can also assign priorities to the individual lines so that these will be used in a particular order that you define.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hi,

I think we mentioned that already, use trunkgroups:

voice-port X/Y

trunk-group pstn

dial-peer voice ZZZ pots

destination-pattern 9T

trunkgroup pstn

You can also assign priorities to the individual lines so that these will be used in a particular order that you define.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks i used the preference cmd with my dial-peer and it works fine ;

Kindly

The problem with using multiple dial-peer is that you need to add one dial-peer for each line.

Instead using trunkgroup, the configuration is simpler having a single dial-peer, plus you have certain advantages, like the possibility of defining how the trunkgroup is used, easier to add translation that works for all the lines, etc.

Thanks for the rating and good luck!

Hey thanks for you advise and by the way i'm looking to configure with CME authorization for the IP phone i mean i only authorize the ephone 2 to dial by extension only to pass through voice port 0/0/3 and for a second one just the port 0/0/2 so is that possible with trunkgroup?

Thanks

To tie a a port (actual a dial-peer) to an ephone-dn, use the command "trunk XX" under ephone DN. Thank will make so that once ephoone goes off-hook, or press a line button, the number XX will be dialed.

Use that number XX as destination-pattern for a pots DP, with a specific port, so that all calls from that ephone-dn will use that port only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: