Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN one way calling issue

navingolani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What could be the concern for one way calling issue between IP communicator & PSTN

scenario:

cust when using the IPC thru his WAN connection( MPLS cloud) or Wifi connection when in office located in Russia to UK;cust has one way calling issue

When he connects VPN secure Client R56 NG, which has secured tunnel till UK where callmanager,GW r placed then customer still complains for one way calling issue for PSTN Line

Now when cust access thru UK location, then he donot have one way calling issue with PSTN

Note: When customer tried in Russia office, then his other colleague aslo tried,his collegaue hsd similar issue.

Could upgrading the VPN client to latest version could be helpful? or do i need to check the configuration on GW side, as since i donot have access to GW so i need proper justification to get it, pl suggest

Navin

3 Replies 3

One way voice issue mostly is related to firewall settings or routing problems.

I would start first there.

Checked with the customer, ther r no local firewalls installed on his system

What that means, the VPN is not really transparent, somewhere UDP packets are dropped.

These are typically the ones going from client to to hub.

So you have to fix the VPN or replace it with something that really works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: