cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN Setup on UC520

rkarrmfibc
Level 1
Level 1

When setting up our new ISDN-PRI service with the UC520-48U-T/E/I-K9, outgoing calls cannot go through, but receive incoming DID calls no problem.

I know its a PSTN setup issue, but do not know how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, it seems a bit strange that you use an uc520 with CM 4.2(3) - that is not IOS by the way.

The CA does not apply to this configuration.

If this is your first implementation with cisco telephony, suggest you hire somebody to help you out.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have dial peers in place to route calls out the PRI? Can you post your config?

Brandon

Not using SIP, so no where to setup dial peers.

Here is the config.

I ran debug isdn q931, and result = ON

Excuse me, result what ?

Which exact IOS is this ? Where is the pri config ? On which lines are you receiving calls ?

IOS is Small Business Unified Communications Manager 4.2(3), and using Configuration Assistant 1.1

The only PRI config that is available with the GUI is T1/E1, ISDN PRI, Type: NI and Socket 1 to 24 (this can be changed...)

There is a tab for SIP setup, but not applicable.

You have to bare with me, I am really new to this.

From the documentation, I should be able to place and receive calls within minutes with the basic setup, but I'm getting this problem.

Anything you can suggest will be greatly appreciated.

The configuration you posted appears to be missing quite a few configs. Have you had any experiencing using the CLI? I'm assuming this is a completely new setup.

No, I don't have any experience in using the CLI. Yes, its a new setup.

I have our ISDN provider looking into it as well, because our analog number is not ported to the PRI, and this may be the problem.

I will do a new show run command and post the information again.

Thanks

Hi, it seems a bit strange that you use an uc520 with CM 4.2(3) - that is not IOS by the way.

The CA does not apply to this configuration.

If this is your first implementation with cisco telephony, suggest you hire somebody to help you out.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

It was the PRI stack setup. I had to put 1 to 12, not 1 to 24 (we only have 12 PSTN lines)

Thanks to everyone for their time.

Rob

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"debug isdn q931" and "term mon". Most likely your outgoing DP(s) is not configured properly.