cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Publicly accessible conference call in feature

Xenophanes00
Level 1
Level 1

Does this feature exist in CallManager 6?  The Ad-hoc and Meet-me conference features seem to be designed for internal use and control only.  Is there a way to have a conference bridge assigned to a public facing DN that people could call into and be dropped right into a conference call without the need for a moderator to intercept their calls and then add them?

I'm not sure if this is an existing feature or something that could be configured cleverly that I'm unaware of.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shane,

In any/all versions of CUCM you can't "start" a Meetme from outside but you can dial

into a Meetme without any intervention (moderator/intercept) provided that the Meetme

DN is a  DID number & that the conference has already been started by an internal user

If you are using CUCM Meetme now and are hearing any type of moderator/intercept

it's because the Meetme is being "front-ended" by Unity, Unity Connection or UCCX

but it certainly doesn't have to be.

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shane,

In any/all versions of CUCM you can't "start" a Meetme from outside but you can dial

into a Meetme without any intervention (moderator/intercept) provided that the Meetme

DN is a  DID number & that the conference has already been started by an internal user

If you are using CUCM Meetme now and are hearing any type of moderator/intercept

it's because the Meetme is being "front-ended" by Unity, Unity Connection or UCCX

but it certainly doesn't have to be.

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: