Views
Helpful
Replies

PVDM question

Michael Ciulei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an 2851 voice gateway router with PVDM2-48 on the motherboard slot, and an NM-HDV2-2T1/E1. When I type:

2851(config)#controller E1 1/0

2851(config-controller)#pri-group timeslots 1-31 service mgcp

I receive this message:

% Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller E1 1/0

% The remaining dsp resources are enough for 0 time slots.

% For current codec complexity, 2 extra dsp(s) are required to create this voice port.

Why I cannot activate the port?

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems like you are enabling a interface on the NM, for that you need DSP in the NM, these on motherboard cannot be used.

However, with ISR router, NM cards are never needed. Just use mpotherboard slots.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems like you are enabling a interface on the NM, for that you need DSP in the NM, these on motherboard cannot be used.

However, with ISR router, NM cards are never needed. Just use mpotherboard slots.

So, the PVDM module from the Motherboard cannot be shared with NM-module, right?

I have to use the NM-HDV2 module because is my client wish.

Thanks for reply

Hi, tech your client the ISR is a new platform and does things simply and directly. Put the VWIC in the slots, no NM needed.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

The NM-HDV2-2T1/E1-module as 2 E1 build in and it is impossible for me to put them in the hwic slots. To resolve this I will move the PVDM2-40 module from the motherboard slot to the NM module.

Thanks

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: