cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PVDM2-12DM Modem problem- Paulo can you take a look?

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

Can't get modem to successfully accept calls.

My setup is a work around. Today it's in our lab, but needs to be put into production at a customer site soon.

We have a PRI coming in off a standard vwic2-2mft port (port 1). We then use port 2 of the vwic2-mft to connect to a NM-1CE1T1-PRI port. We have an a PVDM2-12DM inside.

I ran debug q931 and debug dial-peer and I see that the call does drop to the pvdm2-dm, but does not "complete" the call. When I do a show modem I see that it is "connected" for about 60 seconds, then the call drops and the show modems reveals that the incoming call failed.

Attached is my config.

If anyone is able to lend a pair of eyes I would greatly apprecaite it.

Attached is current config.

Also, debug voip dial-peer shows that the appropriate dial-peer gets selected and debug q931 does show it "connected" to the NM-1CE1T1-PRI port.

thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As mentioned before, network-clock-select 1 t1 0/0/0. I think also slot 1 should participate to network-clock.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

Here's config

Can you send "show controllers t1" and which exact IOS are you using ?

HI Paolo. Attached is revised config and show controllers. Still doesn't fully connect (show modems shows active call for about 60 seconds, then call disconnects and it shows failed call).

IOS is c2800nm-entservicesk9-mz.124-9.T7.bin

Port 0/0/0 is where the PRI comes in from the outside. Port 0/0/1 connects to NM-1CE1T1-PRI on slot 1 port 0.

thanks for your help.

Regards,

Hi, from the config you sent, seems that 0/0/0 goes to to nm-ce 1/0, and 0/0/1 goes to pots.

If so please config and configure "network-clock-select 1 t1 0/0/1".

Also "isdn protocol-emulate network" under 1/0:23 doesn't make sense to me, it is enough to have that under 0/0/0:23.

To provide the proof of concept before landing onsite, I have 0/0/0 connected over T1PRI to another router running CME. Able to make normal voice calls back and forth.

Port 0/0/1 connects via rj48 to the NM-1CE1T1-PRI port.

regards.

You have slips issues. Configure internal clock on the "other CME", line clock on 0/0/0, internal on 0/0/1, line on 1/0.

And network-clock-select from 0/0/0.

Paulo, I put the isdn protocol-emulate network on the NM-1CE1T1-PRI port as to have a "back to back" PRI scenario I thought I needed one side to be the network and the other side the user.

Regards

Fine, what really matters is the clock. Once you're slips-free, modem will work.

I have the port that will connect to the PRI (and today to a CME) set for clock source line. CME is providing clocking in test scenario.

Then clock statements are

no network-clock-participate slot 1

network-clock-participate wic 0

network-clock-participate wic 1

network-clock-participate wic 2

Any suggestions on what I need to do to get rid of the slips?

thanks

As mentioned before, network-clock-select 1 t1 0/0/0. I think also slot 1 should participate to network-clock.

got it, thanks Paulo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: