I'm looking to better understand the algorithms if not actually find a reference doc regarding the dynamics of voice session allocations on PVDM2 (5510) DSP's for IOS 12.4 as seen via "show voice dsp group all". This does not seep to be documented anywhere in CCO.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about (due to size supporting config/show will be in next post):
- Assume a remote site 2821 with two PVDM2-64's and a single PRI, 16 transcoders and 10 conferences.
- voice-card in the default flex mode codec complexity
- IOS allocates 16 signaling channels per 5510 DSP (16 on DSP 1 and 7 on DSP 2).
- Each 5510 DSP has 240 "credits" for work.
- Each g711 call requires 15 credits
- Each call that is or has downspeed to g729a requires 30 credits.
- Each 5510 DSP that has "shared credits" available is eligible to support voice sessions.
- The IOS tends to assigns calls to DSP's that already have signaling channels allocated but will somewhat arbitrarily start using a different DSP that has available shared credits regardless of whether it has signaling channels assigned or not.
- Voice sessions have been allocated ton DSP 2 and DSP 5 while there are still plenty of credits available on DSP 1.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...