cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Q921 on 3845 Gateway

r.vanschendel
Level 1
Level 1

I have problems with a ISDN-Pri and a 3845 Gateway. It looks as a layer 2 problem on the E1 connection.

Is this a configaration issue on the 3845 gateway or a providor problem ?

039860: Mar 31 16:24:55.065: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q921: User RX <- SABMEp sapi=0 tei=0

039861: Mar 31 16:24:55.065: ISDN Se0/0/0:15 Q921: S4_SABME: BACKHAULED & vsc_wants_L2_up = FALSE

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the connection with CM OK ?

Yes the connection is OK.

show mgcp

MGCP Admin State ACTIVE, Oper State ACTIVE - Cause Code NONE

MGCP call-agent: 10.7.0.10 2427 Initial protocol service is MGCP 0.1

sh ccm-manager

MGCP Domain Name: SGS

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Backup Ready 10.7.0.10

First Backup Registering with CM SGS-sub1 (10.7.0.11)

Second Backup None

Form the error message, I have the "feeling" it's an MGCP issue, unfortunately I'm not expert at all with MGCP.

Interface going up when removing mgcp commands would prove that.

usually the q921 debug shoud show the TX and RX response. This is usuallly between the Teclo and the gateway only, L3 is backhauled back to the CCM

From you show ccm-manager:

sh ccm-manager

MGCP Domain Name: SGS

Priority Status Host

============================================================

Primary Backup Ready 10.7.0.10

First Backup Registering with CM SGS-sub1 (10.7.0.11)

Second Backup None

It looks like there is a config problem. Verify your CCM MGCP configuration. The Primary should have a status of "Primary Registered". Looks like the GW is bouncing between the primary and backup which typically is a config issue.

Kevin

Hi All,

I had same problem on my router (39XX -  ssh enabled). I removed the below commend and router registered to CUCM.

command:

no ip domain name yourdomain.com

When I remove on the gateway the binding on layer 3 with the CCM . Layer 2 and 3 comes up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

on the serieel interface:

no isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But after that I cannot make any phone call

try "no mgcp" followed by "mgcp". Then look at the "show ccm-manager" output. If the Primary shows "Registered" then try a call. If not then maybe this web page will help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801ad22f.shtml

Kevin

Hi

The problem is solved. When you use SSH on the gateway, you need to configure a DNS name on the Gateway, and that was the problem. Removing the DNS name was the solution. I have send this Bug to Cisco TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: