Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

QoS for Attendant Console AC, webconsole, DSCP

I have a remote attendant console that I think is experiencing some issues related to QoS. I found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps555/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml#qanew1 the TCP and UDP ports required by Attendant Console. Are the AC packets flagged with a DSCP bit that I can use to build my QoS policy? Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: QoS for Attendant Console AC, webconsole, DSCP

CSCdz76356.

Below are excerpts from the Feature request:

All signaling traffic originated from the Attendant Console PC client destined for the

CallManager is marked with a TOS 0x00 (000000)/DSCP "best effort". As per Cisco QOS best design practices for end-to-end IPT networks, these signalling packets should be marked with TOS 0x68 (011010)/DSCP af31. But all signaling traffic originated from the

CallManager(s) destined for the IP Softphone are marked properly with TOS 0x68/DSCP af31. These signalling packets include all packets destined for or originated from the CallManager TCP port 2748 (CTI/TAPI/JTAPI). This also includes any other AC client/CallManager interaction packets

required for call signalling (setup, tear down, and call functions such as hold, transfer,call park, etc.).

So, in brief till today all signaling traffic originated from the Attendant Console PC

client destined for the CallManager is marked with a TOS 0x00 (000000)/DSCP "best effort"

and as of now this cannot be changed.

HTH

Green

Re: QoS for Attendant Console AC, webconsole, DSCP

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008

01a62b9.shtml

Check for RMI, CTI/QBE.

CTI traffic between CCM and AC:

These packets when originated by the CCM

are sourced from TCP port 2748 (the CTI port). However, when originated from

the AC (destined for the CCM TCP port 2748) they are sourced from 4xxx (we've

seen 4267 and 4774 so far, so it seems to be random in the 4xxx range).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content