Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

QoS on 6509E Native IOS!!!!

we have CCM4.13sr3c with Unified 4.04.

Currently, we have two 6509CatOS with Sup1A and MSFC2 (HSRP, layer 3), and 2 of 6608T1 these two 6509 act like collapsed core, CCM, Unity, Servers, some end users plug in these two switches.

Due to ran out of slot and ports, we just bought 6509E IOS with sup720, MSFC, TenGig blade, 24 port LC blade and 6748 10/100/1000 blade, etc....

So I am thinking move all servers include CCM and Unified to two NEW 6509E (new collapsed core), and will make old two 6509 as layer 2 only (end-users and ip phones).

I was seraching doc at cisco website.... but there are not that much about QoS for 6509E IOS. There is a lot VoIP QoS for CatOS.

I worry about the voice quality after move the server to 6509E IOS verison.

Any doc provide will be helpful.

Thanks

Ken

1 REPLY

Re: QoS on 6509E Native IOS!!!!

Ken -

It is mostly using the "mls qos" command group to mke trust boundaries, mark COS and such and generally prioritize traffic, in general through the use of policy maps and class maps. Here's a peek at an example config:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_paper0900aecd80233956.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content